Re: [atlas_craftsman] New member

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 99 , Jan 1, 2003
      John,

      thank you for your reply. My spindle, while it did not look bent, it must
      have been bent just a bit as prior to changing it out the rotation was
      eliptical. At this point it appears to be running true. I need to pick up a
      dial indicator or something to check this for certain. As for the feed
      lever, well someone must have left the machine on for a while or something
      with the lever engaged because there are almost no threads left on it. My
      sense is that if I cannot find a used one, I will have to make one. I
      suppose time will tell.

      Thank you for the web address for Clausing. I will check them out.

      Peace
      Dennis Snider
      Message 99 of 99 , Mar 23, 2014
        Bing image search provided a picture of the innards of the switch. I had
        it backwards, duh.

        DAve