Re: [atlas_craftsman] New member

    Message 1 of 99 , Dec 31, 2002
      John Glowacki wrote:

      >Welcome Dennis. http://www.atlas-press.com/ is the Clausing web site. They
      >support Atlas Craftsman, and I think they also support AA. Someone please
      >correct me if I'm wrong.

      No, nobody really supports AA. There are some people who have made
      spare parts (especially
      spindles) for the AA. But there's no factory support. Clausing never
      had any connection with
      AA, except that they both supplied 6" lathes to Sears.

      > Clausing has impressed me with parts availability
      >for my old Atlas Craftsman. Otherwise. ebay is a good source of lathe
      >parts. It might be hard to find a used feed lever. What's wrong with
      >yours? What was the matter with your spindle?

      Yup, if you have the option to wait, eBay is a fantastic source of parts
      for nearly anything, from
      a trash can to a MiG-15.

      Jon
    • Dave Goodrich
      Message 99 of 99 , Mar 23, 2014
        Bing image search provided a picture of the innards of the switch. I had
        it backwards, duh.

        DAve