Re: Chinese quick change tool posts

  • v45bob
    Message 1 of 55 , Dec 1, 2002
      You obviously haven't owned a Ford Taurus/Lincoln Continental with a
      3.8 v6 motor. :-(
      Ford have the "just enough" engineering down to a fine art.
      ie head gaskets, axod transmission, subframe bolts, wiring harnesses,
      clearcoat paint, etc.

      High quality comes at a price. There are no high quality inexpensive
      items. For example, there are many japanese Nikon F cameras that are
      still functioning perfectly after that model was discontinued 30
      years ago.

      Bob

      --- In atlas_craftsman@y..., "Microsoft mail Server" <jts4545@n...>
      wrote:
      > 12-2-02
      > Point well taken.
      >
      > High quality does matter!
      >
      > Especially when conditions get tough. Chinese thinking and
      Japanese
      > thinking are pointed to "just enough" engineering in the name of
      cheapness
      > and minimum durability. When the warranty period expires, the
      product will
      > soon fall apart and fail at the worst possible time. Products from
      India

    • LouD31M066@aol.com
      Message 55 of 55 , Dec 3, 2002
        Well said. We stick our head in the sand as to cost of owning & operating
        car/truck
        just to have the convenience to choose when and where to live and travel. I
        know of
        quite a few people who commute 50 to 75 miles to work and make what can
        be described as good but not lavish incomes ...so you know they are spending
        lot of time on road and where a lot of their after tax income goes. Sort of
        rules out
        hobbies like ours.
        Louis