Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Chinese quick change tool posts

  • Charles Gallo

      On 12/1/2002 j.c.gerber wrote:

      > I like your joke, but still do not see of which car your are
      > talking. Here that name means a nationality and some of the remarks
      > would also apply to them. Cheers.

      > Jean-Claude, Switzerland
      > www.homestead.com/turnandmill

      Back in the early 1980s, a company was founded it import an
      inexpensive car to the US from Yugoslavia. The called the car the
      "Yugo". Yes, it was inexpensive - it was also cheap<g>.

      The same year, Hundai (sp?) started. Their first car was slightly
      more
      expensive, but a bit better made. They are still around, and now
      make
      some OK cars

      The Yugos rapidly became a joke in the US. You literally could not
      give them away

      As for the Chevy Chevette, I have a friend who owned 2 of them, and
      put over 450k miles on the first, and 300k miles on the second, and
      never had to do a major repair on either. I own one of his used
      trucks - a Mazda B2300 (aka a 4 cylinder Ford Ranger), and it has
      323k
      miles on it. The biggest repairs it's ever had was a new fuel pump.
      (and yes, he puts a LOT of miles on a car/truck a year - like between
      40k and 50k)

      - --
      73
      KC2IXE

      For the Children - RKBA!

      Haben Sie sehr viel Furcht, denn ich bin mit Gewehr gut.
      oup�4o�4o@

    • LouD31M066@aol.com
      Message 55 of 55 , Dec 3, 2002
        Well said. We stick our head in the sand as to cost of owning & operating
        car/truck
        just to have the convenience to choose when and where to live and travel. I
        know of
        quite a few people who commute 50 to 75 miles to work and make what can
        be described as good but not lavish incomes ...so you know they are spending
        lot of time on road and where a lot of their after tax income goes. Sort of
        rules out
        hobbies like ours.
        Louis