[atlas_craftsman] quick change toolposts

  • john perkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2000
      Does anyone know if the quickchange toolpost kit that harbor freight has on sale this month will work  on the atlas manufactured craftsman 6" lathe and if not who makes one that does"                        jperkins@...
    • FilZepeda@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2 12:40 AM
        I purchased the Harbor Freight toolpost. The footprint on the quick change
        toolpost is 2.5 by 2.5 inches. If your lathe has a flat surface unlike mine
        the toolpost will need a spacer underneath plus you'll need to change the
        metric adjustment set screws. As is the threads actually engaging the thread
        adjustment nut is about half of the nut. This setting is for 3/8 toolbits.
        You cannot use 1/2 toolbits if you have to use a spacer. After a while I went
        back to using my block toolholders ( homebuilt).