Re: 12X36 Atlas for sale Sold.

  • rata221
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
      --- In atlas_craftsman@y..., "latheplaya" <derf@d...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Thanks for the info. The lathe is sold.
      > Cheers,
      > Derf

      I take it you bought the lathe?
      Well is it a good one?.
      When I called him I couldnt tell if it had a quick change gear box or
      not. I would have loved to go look at it, but it was way too far. Did
      it have a lot of attachments? Let me know what kind of deal I missed
      out on.
      Good luck.

      Jim
      Mooresville, NC
      Atlas 618
    • latheplaya
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
        Hi,
        I did indeed buy it. I haven't picked it up, yet, though. He was
        out of town. It appears to be a 10 X 36. It has the QC gearbox. It
        has a steady that was broken and welded. It has the optional cast
        iron legs and optional belt covers. It has an older Enco QC
        toolpost. The ways look good. He said that there was some other
        tooling that went with it. I was looking for a 54" bed for my QC42,
        but now I guess I'll sell the 42, after I disassembled and painted
        the thing. I didn't haggle with him on the $499 price. He said he
        paid $1000 a few years ago and he wanted sell it without a hassle. I
        told him it was a low price. I told him I could wait until he gets
        home on Tuesday. He said he could get his brother to show it to me.
        He said he wanted to be able to say it was sold. He was busy and was
        tired of taking calls about the lathe. He wants something bigger.
        Now if I can get rid of my QC42.........
        Thanks again for the lead.
        Cheers,
        Derf