Re: 12X36 Atlas for sale Sold.

  • latheplaya
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2002
      Hi,
      Thanks for the info. The lathe is sold.
      Cheers,
      Derf
    • rata221
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
        --- In atlas_craftsman@y..., "latheplaya" <derf@d...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Thanks for the info. The lathe is sold.
        > Cheers,
        > Derf

        I take it you bought the lathe?
        Well is it a good one?.
        When I called him I couldnt tell if it had a quick change gear box or
        not. I would have loved to go look at it, but it was way too far. Did
        it have a lot of attachments? Let me know what kind of deal I missed
        out on.
        Good luck.

        Jim
        Mooresville, NC
        Atlas 618
      • latheplaya
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
          Hi,
          I did indeed buy it. I haven't picked it up, yet, though. He was
          out of town. It appears to be a 10 X 36. It has the QC gearbox. It
          has a steady that was broken and welded. It has the optional cast
          iron legs and optional belt covers. It has an older Enco QC
          toolpost. The ways look good. He said that there was some other
          tooling that went with it. I was looking for a 54" bed for my QC42,
          but now I guess I'll sell the 42, after I disassembled and painted
          the thing. I didn't haggle with him on the $499 price. He said he
          paid $1000 a few years ago and he wanted sell it without a hassle. I
          told him it was a low price. I told him I could wait until he gets
          home on Tuesday. He said he could get his brother to show it to me.
          He said he wanted to be able to say it was sold. He was busy and was
          tired of taking calls about the lathe. He wants something bigger.
          Now if I can get rid of my QC42.........
          Thanks again for the lead.
          Cheers,
          Derf