New Member

  • KerryPinkerton
    Message 1 of 322 , May 1, 2002
      Hi, I live in North Alabama and recently purchased a Craftsman 109.20630 for fabricating some metalworking tooling. Successfully made 6 lower anvils for an English Wheel to a tolerance of .001.

      My problems is the morse taper is '0' and I cannot find attachments. I have ONE dead center and a taper that a small chuck will screw into. I also only have a right hand tool holder and would like the others. Also looking for carbide tipped curring tools that fit the 1/8 holder OR a 1/4" holder that will fit or adapt to the lathe. I found a great deal on 1/4 carbide tipped cutting tools at the local Harbor Freight (5 for 5 bucks). I've been grinding down the shaft so it will fit in the 1/8" holder. Painful but cheap. Is there a better way. The primary material being worked is cold rolled steel and it's pretty hard.

      Does anyone have a lead on where I can find this stuff.

      Thanks

      Kerry

      Message 322 of 322 , Mar 27, 2013
        Chuck,

        Go to Photos and create an album (folder).  Then add (upload) photos.  After you are done with that, or whenever you want to, go to Files, scroll down to Atlas or Atlas-Craftsman Lathes, click on that and download the 10F manual.

        Robert D

        In a message dated 3/27/2013 4:18:05 AM Central Daylight Time, cholmes2@... writes:
        Thanks Robert for the info, sadly there is no tag anywhere on the machine other than the Atlas tag on the gear cover. I have figured out by looking at photo's that it is a model F, 10" swing. If you can, send me directions on how to post photo's and i will put some up.

        Chuck

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, wa5cab@... wrote:

        >Hi ?,
        >
        >On the Atlas machines, the model number was originally on a nameplate
        >either on the back side or right end of the bed.  If the nameplate is present
        >quote it and Serial Number when you upload the photos.  If missing, state bed
        >length (36, 42, 48 or 54 inch), swing (6, 9, 10 or 12 inch), bearing type
        >(ball, tapered roller, bronze sleeve or babit) and diameter of lead screw (1/2,
        >5/8 or 3/4 inch).
        >
        >Robert D
        >
        >In a message dated 3/26/2013 10:25:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
        >cholmes2@... writes:
        >>Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I recently aquired an Atlas
        >>lathe though I do not know the model, year etc. Once I figure out how to
        >>attach photo's I will post some in hopes that you folks can help me
        >>identify it and point me in the right direction for manuals, parts. etc.

        Robert & Susan Downs - Houston