[atlas_craftsman] Cushman Chuck

  • Ronald Thibault
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2000
      Well my Cushman chuck arrived and I just finished machining a
      backplate for it. I did cheat a little I took the one off my damaged 6". I
      have a problem though. I plan to use the threaded holes that normally hold
      the D3 cam studs. Does anyone know what these holes are tapped for? Darned
      if I can! Seems to be 10X1 metric, but that is not one of the standard sizes.

      Ron Thibault
      North Augusta, SC USA

      Builder Miinie #2
      Captain R/C Combat Ship USS Arizona
      http://pages.prodigy.net/thibaultr/
    • Mike Reames
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2000
        Last week, after fixing the carriage engage lever on my 12"Atlas (
        thanks to this group!) I now want to get my old 5" 3 jaw Cushman fixed.
        It need jaws, and I have been unable to find a source for them.... I
        bought a 6" Bison, but the cushman would be nice to have for smaller
        jobs... Any ideas, or is it obsolete and not worth the expense? Thanks,
        Mike
      • James Davis
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15, 2000
          I also have a 5" Cushman 3-jaw scroll chuck that could use some new
          jaws.
          I have e-mailed Cushman but got no response. I will call them today.
          Let me
          know if you come up with a source for jaws.

          Jim Davis
        • Mike Reames
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 16, 2000
            Jim, I also went to their website and e-mailed them, so far no luck.
            Mine is reference number 3005, I am not sure what all the differences
            are, but I did notice that their site does not list any 5" chucks....
            I do have a line on some 4" 3 jaw, threaded for 1-1/2X8, it may be that
            I can get some kinda Thanks for getting the info to me, If you find
            anything out about jaws, let me know Mike

            "james davis" <davisj-@...> wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/atlas_craftsman/?start=28
            86