[atlas_craftsman] lathe info.

  • Lackey, Kraig A
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2000
      BDale:

      Hi.

      The lathe model# is 101.07301

      Lathe has complete set of gears, A follower rest, Four jaw chuck.
      and is in near mint condition.

      Tail stock has drill chuck. Also power transfer unit, and a new
      Dayton cap start motor 1725 Rpms. And if you are close enough the heavy
      duty lathe table can be yours.

      Upon reassemble the complete lathe was miked out, so tight
      tolerances can be held.

      Pictures to follow.

      Kraig A Lackey
    • elddirt <elddirt@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003
        does anyone know anything about a 101-21400 and a 101-0731 crafstman
        lathe . what yr were they made and how popular are they? thanks.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003
          elddirt wrote:

          >does anyone know anything about a 101-21400 and a 101-0731 crafstman
          >lathe . what yr were they made and how popular are they? thanks.

          I think the second number is 101.07301, a VERY popular model of the
          Craftsman lathe.
          I don't remember which number applies to which size, though, as there
          are a BUNCH
          of numbers. If Atlas changed a knob or a washer somewhere, Craftsman
          applied an
          entirely new model number to the machine.

          These machines are directly part for part compatible with the Atlas
          press line of
          6, 10 and 12" lathes. The 101.07301 was pretty old, to judge from the
          number
          (they increment the number, so a higher one is always later - i think!)
          I have a 101.28910 that was made in 1966 or so. The 101.07301 sounds like
          it should be 1940 or so.

          See http://www.lathes.co.uk/craftsman/index.html for some more info.