Parts for sale

  • extratec@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 21, 2002
      Hello group,
      I have the following parts for sale:

      For a 9", 10" and early 12" Atlas:
      Slide, lower gib
      cover, slide
      Screw, cross feed slide
      Nut, carriage slide
      Slide, compund rest swivel

      For a late model 12" Atlas:
      bed, 54" long (very slight wear near headstock)
      lead screw, for 54" bed (some wear in the usual spot)
      head stock, bare
      headstock spindle
      Back gear with pin and plunger
      pulley, 3-grove v-belt for headstock
      All the headstock bearings and parts that go with the bearings
      headstock clamp
      back gear assembly (both back gears)
      complete motor mount assembly with pulleys and brackets
      complete headstock cover assembly (with brackets)
      complete side cover guard assembly (with all brackets)
      complete cover for quick change gears
      switch (on/off) with plate

      I also have many more small parts that would take too long to list
      (let me know what you need). All the above parts are in very good condition.
      PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT EXTRATEC@.... I only check my yahoo mail account
      about once a week, so please do no hit reply to send me an e-mail. I have
      listed no prices because I'm not really sure what everything is worth, so
      just make me a reasonable offer (please note the word "reasonable" :-) ).
      I'm located in San Diego, California and would be willing to ship if you
      cover the cost of shipping and any required packing material. I also accept
      Paypal or money orders.
      Take care,
      Regis
    • Manuel Sanchez
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 21, 2002
        Hi extratech
        By any chance do you have the headstock cover,if you do Iwould be interested
        I have a 1937 (12x36) atlas that is missing it.

        Thanks

        Manny
        > bed, 54" long (very slight wear near headstock)
        > lead screw, for 54" bed (some wear in the usual spot)
        > head stock, bare
        > headstock spindle
        > Back gear with pin and plunger
        > pulley, 3-grove v-belt for headstock
        > All the headstock bearings and parts that go with the bearings
        > headstock clamp
        > back gear assembly (both back gears)
        > complete motor mount assembly with pulleys and brackets
        > complete headstock cover assembly (with brackets)
        > complete side cover guard assembly (with all brackets)
        > complete cover for quick change gears
        > switch (on/off) with plate
        >
        > I also have many more small parts that would take too long to list
        >(let me know what you need). All the above parts are in very good
        condition.
        >PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT EXTRATEC@.... I only check my yahoo mail account
        >about once a week, so please do no hit reply to send me an e-mail. I have
        >listed no prices because I'm not really sure what everything is worth, so
        >just make me a reasonable offer (please note the word "reasonable"
        :-) ).
        >I'm located in San Diego, California and would be willing to ship if you
        >cover the cost of shipping and any required packing material. I also accept
        >Paypal or money orders.
        > Take care,
        > Regis
        >

        >TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE LIST:
        >You do this yourself by sending a message to:

      • Skip Evans
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 22, 2002
          Manuel,
          I may have what you need. I will take a picture tonight and send it to
          you.

          >By any chance do you have the headstock cover,if you do Iwould be
          >interested
          >I have a 1937 (12x36) atlas that is missing it.

          Skip_evans@...
          Alvin, TX
          http://skipevans.homestead.com

          " For those that have fought for it, freedom has a sweet taste that the
          protected will never understand."

          "It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken
          from you."

          "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to
          do nothing."

        • Manuel Sanchez
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 22, 2002
            Hi Skip
            When I bought this lathe it was without the cover,so I made one out of
            aluminum,
            althought it serves its purpose I guess I 'd be happier to get the right
            one for it I'd appreciate ify ou send me that picture

            Thanks

            Manny
            > I may have what you need. I will take a picture tonight and send it to
            >you.
            >

            >>By any chance do you have the headstock cover,if you do Iwould be
            >>interested
            >>I have a 1937 (12x36) atlas that is missing it.
            >>

            >Skip_evans@...
            >Alvin, TX
            >http://skipevans.homestead.com
            >
            >" For those that have fought for it, freedom has a sweet taste that the
            >protected will never understand."
            >
            >"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken
            >from you."
            >
            >"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to
            >do nothing."

          • Manuel Sanchez
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 22, 2002
              Hi Ron
              I heard ,rather, I read a message from Skip Evans and He may have one
              ,Please allow me to find out what will come out of this and then I will get
              back to you.
              Best regards and thanks

              Manny

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 22, 2002
                Manuel,

                Let me know if this is what you need. I believe the part number is L6-724.

                If Manuel does not need it, does anyone else?

              • Ronald Thibault
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 22, 2002

                • HUNLEY31@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 23, 2002
                    << I believe the part number is L6-724.
                    If Manuel does not need it, does anyone else? >>
                    Now, if anyone has a L6-722 gathering dust that they want to part with- I
                    may be interested.... Hank
                    PS: To all who replied, Thanks for the address that I requested
                  • Manuel Sanchez
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 23, 2002
                      Hi Ron
                      I am wondering if the lathe part you got is part # L6-18 cause that is the
                      part for my craftsman lathe model #101.07383 (12x36) I don't want to look
                      like I am double dealing since I am e- mailing with Skip Evans about same
                      part (maybe) but I would like to get original replacement.
                      Thanks
                      Manny

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 24, 2002
                        Hi Ron
                        I thought I e-mailed you last night,but I find no record of it .Anyway is
                        your lathe's belt cover part#L6-18(spindle pulley guard)?,by the way it does
                        attach to the foot of the bed.

                        Regards
                        Manny
                        >>By any chance do you have the headstock cover,if you do Iwould be
                        interested
                        >>I have a 1937 (12x36) atlas that is missing it.
                        >>
                        >>Thanks
                        >
                        > I have an extra belt cover if you have the type of countershaft
                        >which hinges on the bottom of the headstock foot (not bolted separately to
                        >the bench).
                        >
                        >Ron Thibault
                        >Warrenville, SC USA
                        >Builder Miinie #2
                        >Captain R/C Combat Ship USS Arizona
                        >http://pages.prodigy.net/thibaultr/
                        >

                        >TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE LIST:
                        >You do this yourself by sending a message to:

                      • wburn2000
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 16, 2002
                          I will offer these (and more) parts to list members befor going to
                          the big-E.
                          A/C 10D 54" bed
                          Lead screw for same (no keyway)5/8"
                          For/ rev switch for Atlas 10F
                          Threading dial
                          For 101-07403:
                          Tailstock
                          For/rev tumbler gear assembly
                          side gear cover L5-28A
                          Leadsrew gearcase#L3-27 with stud L3-52A, and inner guard L5-152
                          Countershaft assm with motor base and asst brackets
                          36" A/C bed
                          Part # W68-2A. I have two of these. They are a drilling or boring
                          table with vise, and attatch where the compound slide does. The parts
                          book I have says they are for a 10".
                          Please contact off list , Thanks
                          Wayne(rice)Burner
                        • Ronald Thibault
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 16, 2002
                            At 12:41 PM 2/16/02 +0000, you wrote:
                            >I will offer these (and more) parts to list members befor going to
                            >the big-E.
                            >A/C 10D 54" bed
                            >Lead screw for same (no keyway)5/8"
                            >For/ rev switch for Atlas 10F
                            >Threading dial
                            >For 101-07403:
                            >Tailstock
                            >For/rev tumbler gear assembly
                            >side gear cover L5-28A
                            >Leadsrew gearcase#L3-27 with stud L3-52A, and inner guard L5-152
                            >Countershaft assm with motor base and asst brackets
                            >36" A/C bed
                            >Part # W68-2A. I have two of these. They are a drilling or boring
                            >table with vise, and attatch where the compound slide does. The parts
                            >book I have says they are for a 10".
                            >Please contact off list , Thanks
                            >Wayne(rice)Burner

                            Wayne;
                            I'd be interested in one of the boring tables. Could I have a few
                            more details?

                            Ron Thibault
                            Warrenville, SC USA
                            Builder Miinie #2
                            Captain R/C Combat Ship USS Arizona
                            http://pages.prodigy.net/thibaultr/
                          • Paul Nance
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 16, 2002
                              Hello-
                              I'd be interesed in the other boring tables also. And a few more details
                              would be good.
                              Paul N
                              > >I will offer these (and more) parts to list members befor going to
                              > >the big-E.
                              > >A/C 10D 54" bed
                              > >Lead screw for same (no keyway)5/8"
                              > >For/ rev switch for Atlas 10F
                              > >Threading dial
                              > >For 101-07403:
                              > >Tailstock
                              > >For/rev tumbler gear assembly
                              > >side gear cover L5-28A
                              > >Leadsrew gearcase#L3-27 with stud L3-52A, and inner guard L5-152
                              > >Countershaft assm with motor base and asst brackets
                              > >36" A/C bed
                              > >Part # W68-2A. I have two of these. They are a drilling or boring
                              > >table with vise, and attatch where the compound slide does. The parts
                              > >book I have says they are for a 10".
                              > >Please contact off list , Thanks
                              > >Wayne(rice)Burner
                              >
                              > Wayne;
                              > I'd be interested in one of the boring tables. Could I have a
                              few
                              > more details?
                              >
                              > Ron Thibault
                              > Warrenville, SC USA
                              > Builder Miinie #2
                              > Captain R/C Combat Ship USS Arizona
                              > http://pages.prodigy.net/thibaultr/

                            • markzemanek
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
                                Hey gang,

                                I have several accessories acquired from an estate sale in which I
                                purchased a model 101.07301 from the son of a retired machinist who
                                had passed away. Some are presently listed for sale on ebay, but
                                before listing the rest as auction items I thought I'd offer the rest
                                of the goods I wish to sell here.

                                In my box o'goodies are the following:

                                * Two Left-Hand tool holders, both hold 3/16" bits
                                * A four inch 4-jaw chuck, threaded 1x8tpi
                                * A four inch 3-jaw chuck, threaded 1x8tpi
                                * Knurling Tool
                                * Tail stock Jacob Chucks, 1-MT
                                * A hand made milling attachment, made by the elderly gent himself.
                                * A new-old-stock lead/feed screw which has never been used (I guess
                                the
                                owner wanted a spare.)

                                With the exception of the milling attachment, all items are factory
                                Craftsman or Armstrong parts. This man did quality work, and the
                                milling attachment is tight and ready to put right to work...

                                If interested in any of these items please contact me off list and we
                                can discuss the particulars. I've posted photos in "Mark's Folder,"
                                and hope to use some of the proceeds to make upgrades and purchase
                                accessories for my model 109...

                                Thank you,
                                Mark
                              • markzemanek
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
                                  Whoops!...that should've read "Mark's Album" and not "Mark's Folder."
                                  Anyway, here's a direct link to pictures...

                                • todd rainville
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
                                    Hi Mark i saw your email and am very interested in your 3 jaw chuck and possible your knurling tool for a 618. please let me know what you are asking for them TY Todd

                                    To: atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.comFrom: markzemanek@...: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:47:54 +0000Subject: [atlas_craftsman] Parts for sale

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 6, 2007
                                      Mark, How much for the milling attachment? Thanks Steve

                                      From: "markzemanek" <markzemanek@...>
                                      Whoops!...that should've read "Mark's Album" and not "Mark's Folder."
                                      Anyway, here's a direct link to pictures...

                                    • mocarjoe
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 7, 2007
                                        What price are you looking for on the 4",4 jaw chuck, assuming it is
                                        tight of course.
                                      • mikesauer1955
                                        Message 19 of 19 , May 2, 2011
                                          Gentleman,
                                          My name is Mike Sauer, I'm new to your group, but not new to Atlas machines. I've been collecting & rebuilding them for the past 30 years. I have some extra parts (for lathes, etc.) and a Miller vertical head for an Atlas mill. The Miller head is complete, has all parts, and is in excellent condition. It's on sale for $400 + shipping (US only). I'm in Chicago, and you can get a hold of me at mikesauer1955@...
                                          Mike Sauer