Re: Lathe model 12" clutch (was:Re: [atlas_craftsman] late model 12" question)

  • Buckshot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Ron,

      Went out and took some measurements and got the numbers.

      You are talking about the assembly between (connecting) the QC box and the lead
      screw on the lathe, right? 1.750" diameter black oxided housing? This lathe
      has a 0.750" lead screw.

      Model: 3996
      SN: 105169

      This is a relatively late lathe, purchased new from a stocking equipment dealer
      in 1976.

      Hope this helps.

      Buckshot

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2002
        At 10:59 PM 1/1/02 -0500, you wrote:
        >Ron,
        >
        >Went out and took some measurements and got the numbers.
        >
        >You are talking about the assembly between (connecting) the QC box and the
        >lead
        >screw on the lathe, right? 1.750" diameter black oxided housing? This lathe
        >has a 0.750" lead screw.
        >
        >Model: 3996
        >SN: 105169
        >
        >This is a relatively late lathe, purchased new from a stocking equipment
        >dealer
        >in 1976.
        >
        >Hope this helps.
        >
        >Buckshot

        Yes that is the info needed. Thanks!

        Thank you also to all those who contacted me with your help, I should be
        able to update my lathe! The previous owner crashed it and destroyed 3 of
        the internal gears. Hopefully the closing on my house will go through
        without problems this afternoon. I'll then have a little extra money to
        buy those gears, and now also the clutch parts. No more crashes (said while
        knocking on would, and crossing fingers!!)