Re: AA 109 Advice Needed

  • kmccubbin@swri.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2001
      Yes, I discovered both groups at the same time while looking for AA
      info. Good info on morse taper. I had considered trying to set the
      compound trial & error to bore it in place on the AA, but a reamer
      makes good sense. My first lathe was a 6x18 atlas, the first thing I
      ever made was a drill chuck arbor for the tailstock. It must have
      taken me a week, and at least half of that time was getting the
      correct angle on the compound. I'll have to check the spindle
      bushing i.d., I bet I have the same problem you did. Gee, you
      answered every question I had. Now I'm out of excuses, better get
      busy.

      Thanks a million,
      Kerry

      --- In atlas_craftsman@y..., "jerdal" <jerdal@c...> wrote:
      > Well, I did all my work on an old Logan, so I can relate. Are you
      on the
      > Logan lathe-list group?
      > lathe-list@y...
      >
      > In fact, I roughed it and used a Morse reamer. I step-drilled to
      rough, as
      > my boring bars are not that small.
      >
      > If the bushing spun, it may have been over-tightened and clamped on
      the
      > spindle. I had to ream mine out, (piloted adjustable reamer)
      because it was