VIRUS WARNING - INFECTED EMAIL SENT FROM MY COMPUTER YESTERDAY - DO NOT OPEN - DELETE - DETAILS INSIDE

  • Steve Steven
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
      My computer was infected by a virus yesterday. I caused an email to be sent to most if not all of my address book.

      The email was sent late Sat or early Sun. If you got anything from me in the last day or so, delete it immediately, do not open.

      Go to the following site for removal if you are infected.
      http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@...

      I appologize to everyone, I was running Norton AntiVirus and Zone Alarm, by a combination of lack of updates and poor understanding on my part, it happened.

      Steve

    • dholt@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
        Steve:

        I opened all my Atlas mailings yesterday and don't appear to have been
        infected... (no problems). Also, I have Norton System Works that includes
        AntiVirus 2002, which is supposed to monitor all incoming email, and it
        did not indicate any virus being received.

        I just got a flu shot on Friday (downloaded new definitions and ran a
        virus check). However, I just downloaded the latest Symantec Virus
        Definitions and ran it again with no virus' found.

        If I have the virus, shouldn't, it be detected?

        David in NH
        PS. Is it possible that having more than one Virus checking application
        running can cause them to interact and possibly cancel each other's
        effectiveness?
        ---------------

      • dholt@juno.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
          Steve:

          writes:
          > My computer was infected by a virus yesterday. I caused an email to
          > be sent to most if not all of my address book.
          >
          > The email was sent late Sat or early Sun. If you got anything from
          > me in the last day or so, delete it immediately, do not open.
          >
          > Go to the following site for removal if you are infected.
          http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@...

          > I appologize to everyone, I was running Norton AntiVirus and Zone
          > Alarm, by a combination of lack of updates and poor understanding on
          > my part, it happened.
          >
          > Steve

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Harvey Noel
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
            My Norton detected 2 virus emails from this group but I don't remember who
            they were from but bad stuff is out there and I would advise anyone to get a
            virus detection if they don't have one. There were in the attachments if I
            remember correctly.

            Harvey