[atlas_craftsman] Re: Atlas MF/MFC Mills

  • Trammell, Rex
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 1999
      I have had good luck with Atlas while restoring my 6" lathe. Thanks for
      the Sears number. I would love to have the diagrams. Mail them to me at:
      Rex Trammell
      216 Hogohegee Dr.
      Andersonville,TN 37705
      I will be glad to reimburse for the copying charges.

      Home Shop Machinist magazine had a nice series on rebuilding these
      machines in the March/April 1997 issue and the next two issues. Also,
      there is a video on using the mill available from New Life Video,
      (800)484-7972.

      wegriswol-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/atlas_craftsman/?start=14
      12
      > I have also recently aquired an Atlas MF mill. I have found the
      > Craftsman equivalent #, 101.15500. There are still several parts that
      > show up available when you try to order from Sears parts direct. (
      > www3.sears.com). The sears parts diagrams do not directly cross
      > reference the Atlas parts diagrams but are close. A few of the
      > bushings that I have ordered showed up with a Sears part number on the
      > package so you need bot the Atlas and Sears diagrams. I have not tried
      > Atlas/Clausing yet as I am still trying to decide what parts I can
      make
      > and what parts I need to buy. I have some of the parts diagrams that I
      > can have copied at Kinko's or similar.

    • FIK
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 1999
        I have for sale a milling attachment and an arbor and shell mills, before I
        put this on eBAY I will let anyone here have a shot at it. I thought it was
        for a craftsman but it is definitely for an Atlas. I have nice jpegs if you
        want to see them let me know

        BE SURE TO VISIT MY LATEST PAGES
        http://www.ptialaska.net/~vrojas/fik.html
        John Mickelson
        Fossil Ivory King (FIK)
        mailto: fik@...
        http://www.fossilivory.com
        From: wegriswold@... <wegriswold@...>
        To: atlas_craftsman@... <atlas_craftsman@...>
        Date: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 6:54 PM
        Subject: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Atlas MF/MFC Mills

      • JATTSP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 1999
          John;
          Though I am unable to use this item I applaud your placing the item for
          sale here as opposed to ebay. A round of applause PLEASE!
          James
        • Trammell, Rex
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 1999
            John,
            I would like to see the jpegs.
            Rex

          • Jim and Janine Voruz
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 1999
              I would be interested in seeing and making an offer on the arbor and shell
              mills.
              I have a 12 inch Craftsman/Atlas, and have an MF mill and an Atlas 7
              inch shaper that I rebuilt back in the 70's. I may be able to help you on
              parts lists for your mill. I have the original Clausing exploded parts
              prints circa 1971.

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
                wegriswold, I cannot send to your address for some reason, I need you to
                reply directly to me not through the atlas goup. thanks

                From: larry,glenda,bradley <lgb1@...>
                To: atlas_craftsman@egroups.com <atlas_craftsman@egroups.com>
                Date: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 12:03 PM

                >JOHN, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE JPEGS
                > THANKS LARRY
                >At 03:59 PM 12/5/1999 -0900, you wrote:
                >>I have for sale a milling attachment and an arbor and shell mills, before
                >>put this on eBAY I will let anyone here have a shot at it. I thought it
                was
                >>for a craftsman but it is definitely for an Atlas. I have nice jpegs if
                you
                >>want to see them let me know
                >>
                >>BE SURE TO VISIT MY LATEST PAGES
                >>http://www.ptialaska.net/~vrojas/fik.html