[atlas_craftsman] Re: Atlas MF/MFC Mills

  • wegriswold@msn.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 1999
      I have also recently aquired an Atlas MF mill. I have found the
      Craftsman equivalent #, 101.15500. There are still several parts that
      show up available when you try to order from Sears parts direct. (
      www3.sears.com). The sears parts diagrams do not directly cross
      reference the Atlas parts diagrams but are close. A few of the
      bushings that I have ordered showed up with a Sears part number on the
      package so you need bot the Atlas and Sears diagrams. I have not tried
      Atlas/Clausing yet as I am still trying to decide what parts I can make
      and what parts I need to buy. I have some of the parts diagrams that I
      can have copied at Kinko's or similar.
    • Trammell, Rex
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 1999
        I have had good luck with Atlas while restoring my 6" lathe. Thanks for
        the Sears number. I would love to have the diagrams. Mail them to me at:
        Rex Trammell
        216 Hogohegee Dr.
        Andersonville,TN 37705
        I will be glad to reimburse for the copying charges.

        Home Shop Machinist magazine had a nice series on rebuilding these
        machines in the March/April 1997 issue and the next two issues. Also,
        there is a video on using the mill available from New Life Video,
        (800)484-7972.

        wegriswol-@... wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/atlas_craftsman/?start=14
        12
        > I have also recently aquired an Atlas MF mill. I have found the
        > Craftsman equivalent #, 101.15500. There are still several parts that
        > show up available when you try to order from Sears parts direct. (
        > www3.sears.com). The sears parts diagrams do not directly cross
        > reference the Atlas parts diagrams but are close. A few of the
        > bushings that I have ordered showed up with a Sears part number on the
        > package so you need bot the Atlas and Sears diagrams. I have not tried
        > Atlas/Clausing yet as I am still trying to decide what parts I can
        make
        > and what parts I need to buy. I have some of the parts diagrams that I
        > can have copied at Kinko's or similar.

      • FIK
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 1999
          I have for sale a milling attachment and an arbor and shell mills, before I
          put this on eBAY I will let anyone here have a shot at it. I thought it was
          for a craftsman but it is definitely for an Atlas. I have nice jpegs if you
          want to see them let me know

          BE SURE TO VISIT MY LATEST PAGES
          http://www.ptialaska.net/~vrojas/fik.html
          John Mickelson
          Fossil Ivory King (FIK)
          mailto: fik@...
          http://www.fossilivory.com
          From: wegriswold@... <wegriswold@...>
          To: atlas_craftsman@... <atlas_craftsman@...>
          Date: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 6:54 PM
          Subject: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Atlas MF/MFC Mills

        • JATTSP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 1999
            John;
            Though I am unable to use this item I applaud your placing the item for
            sale here as opposed to ebay. A round of applause PLEASE!
            James
          • Trammell, Rex
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 1999
              John,
              I would like to see the jpegs.
              Rex

            • Jim and Janine Voruz
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 6, 1999
                I would be interested in seeing and making an offer on the arbor and shell
                mills.
                I have a 12 inch Craftsman/Atlas, and have an MF mill and an Atlas 7
                inch shaper that I rebuilt back in the 70's. I may be able to help you on
                parts lists for your mill. I have the original Clausing exploded parts
                prints circa 1971.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
                  wegriswold, I cannot send to your address for some reason, I need you to
                  reply directly to me not through the atlas goup. thanks

                  From: larry,glenda,bradley <lgb1@...>
                  To: atlas_craftsman@egroups.com <atlas_craftsman@egroups.com>
                  Date: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 12:03 PM

                  >JOHN, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE JPEGS
                  > THANKS LARRY
                  >At 03:59 PM 12/5/1999 -0900, you wrote:
                  >>I have for sale a milling attachment and an arbor and shell mills, before
                  >>put this on eBAY I will let anyone here have a shot at it. I thought it
                  was
                  >>for a craftsman but it is definitely for an Atlas. I have nice jpegs if
                  you
                  >>want to see them let me know
                  >>
                  >>BE SURE TO VISIT MY LATEST PAGES
                  >>http://www.ptialaska.net/~vrojas/fik.html