Re: [atlas_craftsman] T Slot Dimensions in the Compound Slide for 12" Craftsman

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001
      Chris Difani wrote:

      > Guys:
      >
      > I need the measurements of the "T" slot (width of the "T", height of the
      > "T", and width of the open slot) in the compound slide that the lantern tool
      > post secures to. This is for a 12" Timken bearing, 54" bed. 1950's
      > Craftsman. The lathe is at my dad's, and I need to mill (the mill is at my
      > shop-- fortunately) an adapter to fit into the slot for him. If someone can
      > help me out, it will save me a long trip to get the measurements, and he and
      > I will be extremely grateful.

      Bottom slot 1.02" wide, .320" high
      narrow part of slot .625" wide, .317" high

      My lathe is a 1960's vintage, otherwise the same as you describe.

      Jon
    • Chris Difani
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
        Jon (and the rest of the group):

        Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I can't tell you how much trouble this
        has saved and how much I appreciate the effort that has gone into helping me
        out with these measurements.

        Thanks again,

        Chris

        cdifani@...
        Sacramento, CA
        Between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe in Northern California