[atlas_craftsman] Re: MT #0 centers for AA 109 lathes

  • vmusil@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
      Dick,

      Thanks for reposting the catalog numbers and pricesfor the MT-0 centers.
      I must have missed the first post. Life is very hectic, trying to deal
      with the various city disaster coordinators on this Y2K thing.

      Vic

      "dick blaney" <wb8mh-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/atlas_craftsman/?start=11
      98

    • vmusil@pacbell.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
        "mike spring" <sprin-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/atlas_craftsman/?start=11
        94

        (big snip)

        > I have focused my efforts on building a stand for my lathe and making
        a jack
        > shaft, as my machine is a model 80 and has just the 3 step pulleys on
        motor
        > and spindle. Any one have suggestions on the size pulleys to use?

        Mike-

        I'm not sure there is any magic in these numbers, but the jack shaft
        that
        came with my lathe has a cluster of 4 pulleys: dias 1", 2", 3" and 4".
        The cluster of pulleys is attached to the shaft by a setscrew which can
        be loosened to slide the pulley from side to side. The pulley shich is
        belted to the motor has a dia of 7". (All dias measured to the bottom of
        the V.) Motor appears to have been scavenged from a dryer. Pulley dia is
        0.5", but it is a pulley for a 3/8" belt so the half inch wide belt does
        actually ride at the bottom of the groove.

        Vic
      • Ronald Thibault
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
          At 01:45 PM 10/31/99 -0800, you wrote:
          >About 2 or 3 weeks ago there was a flurry of discussion on the
          >availability
          >of MT#0 centers and possible sources of same. I requested catalogs from
          >MSC,
          >Campbell Tool, Victor Machinery Exchange and Grand Tool Supply. Requests
          >were made on a Thursday.The MSC catalog arrived on Monday morning, but
          >MSC
          >does not appear to carry MT#0 centers. (Perhaps I missed something?)
          >Grand
          >Tool sent a number of flyers advertising specials and a note stating
          >that
          >after I spent sufficient $$ they would send the general catalog.
          >Campbell
          >Tool and Victor Machine Exchange have not responded. In summary, I have
          >accomplished nothing. Has anybody had better results? If so, please let
          >me in on the secret.
          >
          >TIA,
          >Vic

          My 3 or 4 year old Grand Tool catalog lists MT#0 centers as follows:
          Carbon Steel cat#008-200 $2.00ea
          HS Steel 008-000 $5.00ea
          Carbide Tip 008-100 $9.00ea

          Phone 1-800-866-5730