Re: New Guy

  • cravdraa@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 59 , Aug 1 1:50 AM
      I thought there was no such thing as having the ways ground, because
      of the loss of accuracy. You can get new 101.21400 beds from
      Clausing. I suppose if you did you would also need to grind down the
      bottom of the headstock casting the same distance to keep it
      accurate, as well as the tailstock,interesting idea. Does any pro
      here have any expertise on this please?

      Alex

      --- In atlas_craftsman@y..., guyiii@h... wrote:
      Hi - I'm Guy from Sandy Eggo - new here (bt on the Gingery, Unimat
      and other boards). I just received my Dad's 6" Craftsman 101 lathe,
      that he bought used in 1946 from the first owner. It's had some
      tough use since then (when loaned out). When I get it cleaned up, I
      may need (or want) to get the ways ground. Any experiences on this
      topic?

      Thanx
    • coater68@frontier.com
      Message 59 of 59 , Jan 4, 2016
        You got it! If it wasn't functional I would make time but it works the way it is for now