Re: [atlas_craftsman] re: what to do with old bed

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
      > Ronald Thibault <thibaultr@...> writes:
      >
      > > I have an old bed that I'm thinking of cutting the center ribs out
      > >of and turning it into two straight edges.

      Straight edges for what sort of work? Laying plumbing so the water
      will flow downhill? Probably will work.

      For lining up 2 x 4's in a home construction project? Probably will still
      work fairly well, if you check it carefully, first.

      For transferring bluing while you are scraping your lathe bed?
      NO WAY! I hope you are joking, as those )$*(@ rails are HEAVY, and
      I'd hate to have to hold one up against a wall with 2 fingers while trying
      to pencil in a line on the wall. I can't think of any other use where that
      material would work as a "straight edge". They also have these darn
      rivets all over the things that louse it up as a straight edge, even!