Re: [atlas_craftsman] re: what to do with old bed

  • jerdal
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 7:38 PM
      I bet it warps when the support is removed............. You may have to
      re-scrape it.
      Jerry

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 9:24 PM
        > Ronald Thibault <thibaultr@...> writes:
        >
        > > I have an old bed that I'm thinking of cutting the center ribs out
        > >of and turning it into two straight edges.

        Straight edges for what sort of work? Laying plumbing so the water
        will flow downhill? Probably will work.

        For lining up 2 x 4's in a home construction project? Probably will still
        work fairly well, if you check it carefully, first.

        For transferring bluing while you are scraping your lathe bed?
        NO WAY! I hope you are joking, as those )$*(@ rails are HEAVY, and
        I'd hate to have to hold one up against a wall with 2 fingers while trying
        to pencil in a line on the wall. I can't think of any other use where that
        material would work as a "straight edge". They also have these darn
        rivets all over the things that louse it up as a straight edge, even!