87634Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Bull gear wanted. [5 Attachments]

    Jul 12, 2014
      On 07/12/2014 07:47 AM, bigal.gorman@... [atlas_craftsman] wrote:

      Jon,

      the lathe is actually a Halifax 524 but as far as I am aware they used the Atlas 10f head stock.

      What I meant by the gear going inside the pulley was that the two bosses fit just inside the edge of it

      and on the one I have just bought the bosses are to far apart to mate with the blind holes, also the centre

      is to big for the spindle and the gear part is wider (thicker) than my original.

      Yes the spindle is 1 1/2" X 8tpi.

      OK, I'll get you a picture and some measurements of the gear, and you can
      decide if it will work.