86970Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Backgear countershaft lubrication

    Apr 9, 2014
      Can you repeat the model number of your lathe?  For some reason I though you had a cabinet (under drive) model.  I may be confusing you with someone else.

      Robert Downs - Houston

      In a message dated 04/09/2014 10:22:17 AM Central Daylight Time, love@... writes:
      Robert,
      What diameter is the ball and spring oiler and at what position is it when the back gear is engaged?  disengaged?
      I think I'll have to drill a hole in the eccentric and install an oiler myself.  I hate to have that shaft run dry.  I looked at the history of the lathe and it looks like that before there was an under cabinet drive, the back gear shaft was lubricated by a plug in the center of the shaft lengthwise.  I wonder if squirting oil in one end is really sufficient to get oil to the bushings.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic