85437Re: [atlas_craftsman] Uploaded thread chart for 101-07401

    Dec 22, 2013
      Garilla,

      After careful study of the Craftsman Power Tools catalogs from 1935 through 1940, I've come to the following conclusion on when the first four Craftsman Timken bearing models appear in the catalogs.

      1937      101.07400
      1938      101.07401
      1939      101.07402
      1940      101.07403

      Note that through the 1930's, the Power Tools catalogs were generally printed sometime in August of the previous year.  Which means that model production would have had to lead catalog year by 5 to 6 months.  Which means that your 101.07401 would have been built between about July 1937 and June 1938.  Give or take a month.

      In a message dated 12/18/2013 14:36:15 PM Central Standard Time, garilla308@... writes:
      So I noticed that the Craftsman 101-07401 that I have isn't one of the more prevalent models (my research determined somewhere around1937-41) so I posted the threading chart which differs from most others in that it uses the 96 tooth gear whereas the later models go up to 64 tooth as the largest.  Hmmm how did Atlas do that? are the lead screws finer on the later models?  As far as I can tell from pictures 07403 looks almost the same.  If anybody has 07401 info, manuals, I'm always interested.

      Robert Downs - Houston