85431Re: [atlas_craftsman] TF42 motor pulley question

  • Kevin Gibson
    Dec 20, 2013
      I guess it all depends on which police are doing the pulling.  The closer to the shaft the better, farther away the harder it is on the bearings.  I'm betting I can use the for pulley set up that I have until I get the proper one.

      Kevin

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 20, 2013, at 8:50, wa5cab@... wrote:

      OK.  That was apparently true of some of the early Atlas built wood lathes including the ones advertised as being convertable to metal working.  But I never thought that hanging a 4-step pulley out on the end of the motor shaft was a good idea.

      In a message dated 12/20/2013 10:12:14 AM Central Standard Time, ygroups@... writes:

      Sometimes the 109's (AA/Dunlap) didn't use a counter shaft,  just a step pulley on the motor --a pulley matching the spindle step pulley, but reversed of course.

      Robert Downs - Houston