85427Re: [atlas_craftsman] TF42 motor pulley question

    Dec 19, 2013
      Kevin,

      Motor pulleys on Atlas machines (lathes, shapers and mills) are all 2-step.  If you have a motor with a 4-step pulley, it isn't correct.

      The 4-step pulley that you found on eBay isn't Atlas (despite what the seller wrote in the ad title).  It's a countershaft pulley off of a Dunlap or AA built machine.  But in any case, it isn't a motor pulley.

      Robert D.

      In a message dated 12/20/2013 00:03:46 AM Central Standard Time, k3030ai@... writes:
      Nosing around on Ebay I found this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/231054508360?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

      That pulley is identical to my 4 pulley cluster.

      Kevin

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 19, 2013, at 21:52, Kevin Gibson <k3030ai@...> wrote:

        Okay,

      I have two motors with two very different pulleys. I have one with a small single pulley, and another motor with a 4 pulley cluster. Looking at the documentation I have, I don't see anything that says what the motor pulley size(s) are supposed to be, so I was wondering if the Atlas experts could help a bro-tha out?

      Kevin

      Sent from my iPhone

      Robert & Susan Downs - Houston