      Posted by: "Paul" paul_probus@... paul_probus
      Date: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 am ((PDT))

      On the contrary, I have bought quite a few sets of those $10 HF
      specials and aside from one set where there were some mis-ground
      bits, I have been pleasantly surprised by them.

      I would agree that they can be ground better, I spent $80 on a 29 pc.
      Craftsman set in the early '90's and they did drill cleaner holes,
      when new, compared to the HF cheapies. But I have not found any of
      the unhardened or grossly mis-made horrors that others say they have
      found (and I found in a set from a different distributor). As I said
      earlier, I think it was the first set I bought had some that were not
      ground properly in the smaller sizes, all the other sets have been
      very good and useable right from the crappy index they come in.

      I did buy a 115 pc. set (letter, number and fractional in one) from
      either Homier or Cummins(Toolsnow) after having good luck with the
      HF's and they are horribly made. I made the mistake of assuming HF
      and Homier/Cummins had the same supplier and thought the 115pc set
      would be OK, too.

      Paul
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic