      From: Carvel Webb <carvelw@...>
      To: atlas_craftsman <atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 6:26
      Subject: RE: [atlas_craftsman] Re: drillbits , dirt cheap + tips

      I would agree with Doc that one should be careful of generalisations . I have tools and instruments which have come from all over during the years and it has been interesting to see how quality , and more importantly quality control has evolved . FWIW the worst wrench set I have was made in the USA ( about 30 years ago) , my best and worst chucks both come from the UK , I have a Taiwanese chuck that is on par with my best UK chuck , my best and worst callipers both come from Japan , and my best and worst ring spanners both come from Germany . Not always possible , but try it or ask someone who has first . This and other similar forums help with that and is appreciated ,

      I am very fond of my Atlas (10F) , but its manufacturing and design compromises are obvious if I compare it to my Myford of a similar age – but I wouldn’t part with it ( literally and figuratively :>) )

      Regards,

      Carvel