84021Re: [atlas_craftsman] new bearing races

  • jerry Herrera
    Aug 26, 2013
      Thanks..next question.I noticed that on the rear pully shaft that runs thru two brass bushings. On top there is a threaded hole on each side. Im guessing its to oil the shaft. Only the hole doesn't go thru. It look like it stops on top of the bushing. Shouldnt it go thru so oil can get to the shaft.

      ------------------------------
      On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 1:46 PM PDT wa5cab@... wrote:

      >It might, but given that pulling the cup straight out wouldn't or shouldn't
      >do that, you may be talking about a gouge on one or two sides. If that
      >happened, the new cup might be distorted or moved sideways which would affect
      >the alignment.
      >
      >In a message dated 08/21/2013 09:38:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
      >jerster1959@... writes:
      >> If while removing the old bearing. If any material was removed would that
      >> cause a loose fit
      >>

      >Robert Downs - Houston
      >wa5cab dot com (Web Store)
      >MVPA 9480