      From: James Rice <james.rice@...>
      To: atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:16 PM
      Subject: Re: [atlas_craftsman] Craigslist Find: Atlas Horizontal Milling Machine
      I own an AC 12x36 and an AC 6x18.  I pick up a 7B shaper next weekend.  When it came to mills, I bought a Clausing 8520 for a vertical mill (not Atlas but I felt like it was keeping it in the family),  After about a year, I needed a horizontal mill.  I picked up  Clausing 8540 for $500 on eBay.  I cost me almost as much as I paid for the mill to drive out and pick it up but I considered it a short vacation from the kids.

      I just got home after a 600 mile round trip  -  I picked up a 16" South Bend with a 12' bed.  In August, I'm driving out to Las Vegas to pick up a G.A. Gray planer.  I need that Bridgeport someone mentioned earlier.....

      James in North Texas

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic