7315Re: [atlas_craftsman] hi. new member

  • Ronald Thibault
    Dec 1, 2000
      At 07:58 AM 11/27/00 +0000, you wrote:
      >Jon, I'm also a newbie and am curious as to the difference between the lantern
      >and the dovetail tool holders. I read from a link given on this list lastnight
      >about different type of carbide tooling and am now completely confused as to
      >which way I want to go. My 10" Atlas has a tool holder that will only take 1/4
      >tool steel cutters. From what I have seen on this site and reading from the
      >links I take it I can buy a tool holder that is much beefier and can be used
      >to hold 3/8 cutters which will let me use carbide insterts. Enjoying advise
      >the experts are providing us newbies. Iceman

      Larry;
      I turned a ring washer to replace the rocker washer in my
      lantern,and set 3/8" carbide insert holders right on it. Look at Figure 15
      in http://pages.prodigy.net/thibaultr/Minnie_Tender_Truck_Wheels.htm to see
      what I'm talking about.

      Ron Thibault
      North Augusta, SC USA