72578Re: [atlas_craftsman] Clausing purchase of Atlas - date

  • wa5cab@cs.com
    Jan 1, 2012
      That's interesting. All these years I've thought it was the other way
      'round. That does explain something else that's always puzzled me, though.
      Eight or nine times out of ten, regardless of what their suits claimed during
      the courtship, the purchasing company soon enough begins to systematically
      shut down the purchased company's product and starts getting rid of their
      people (happened to me).

      In a message dated 01/01/2012 05:03:38 AM Central Standard Time,
      mike_sharkey2000@... writes:
      > Clausing didn't purchase Atlas, it was the other way round. Atlas
      > purchased Clausing and adopted the clausing trading name. Off hand Im not sure of
      > the date but it has been mentioned on here before. Iirc the approx date is
      > mentioned on tony's site www.lathes.co.uk

      Robert & Susan Downs - Houston