71235Re: [atlas_craftsman] timken oil cup wont hold oil on atlas 12

    Nov 1 1:41 PM
      On 10/31/2011 8:41 PM, steve_beard16 wrote:
      > Just bought my first lathe a atlas 12 went through and degreased everything then relubed the lathe. the left timken oil cup will not hold any oil it just drains straight through and leaks out the bottom of the lathe. Before I tear into it any ideas on what it might be also anything else I should should do or check before i start running the lathe?
      Well, there really isn't anything terrible about that. The oil flows
      and flushes out any crud in the bearings. The way the roller bearings
      are made, the roller spacer retains oil. But, you can put felt or cotton
      shoelace material in the cup to slow the flow.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic