68085Re: QCTP Story

  • harpanet13
    Mar 2, 2011
      but wondered if anyone tried milling a flat on the compound hump? I'd think that all the cutting forces trying to rock the tool post would be carried by the thinner ends of the slot, so it shouldn't matter that the excess thickness of the hump would make it any less rigid than it already is. Thoughts...?

      That's what I did with mine . I "milled" a flat area with a small angle grinder so the corner could just swing through the arc. Didn't seem to have any ill effect.

      Wayne
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic