68075Re: QCTP Story

  • Richard Marchi
    Mar 1, 2011
      I also recently bought a CDCO AXA tool post, so I appreciated the thread about mounting it on a TH-42. I haven't got to trying to mount it yet, but wondered if anyone tried milling a flat on the compound hump? I'd think that all the cutting forces trying to rock the tool post would be carried by the thinner ends of the slot, so it shouldn't matter that the excess thickness of the hump would make it any less rigid than it already is. Thoughts...?

      Thanks in advance

      Dick

      Washington, DC