52093Re: [atlas_craftsman] New Lathe! Not Atlas...

  • Jim Ash
    Sep 3, 2008
      If you're going to get a phase converter, get one that will service the largest piece of equipment you intend to own, that way you can use it for any 3-phase machine, as long as you don't try to run them all at once. For me in a home shop, I'm going to be the only one running them, so it isn't a problem.

      I'm truly amazed at the people who will pass on a machine just because it's 3-phase. Sometimes the difference in the going price on the machine would buy you several vfd units.

      Jim Ash