51739Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: DFW Area Meet-up

  • James Rice
    Jul 12, 2008
      I made the NTMAC meeting but was called into work at 11:30 so I missed
      the pie and tool meet.

      The NTMAC meeting was good and there were 4 Atlas owners there by my
      imprecise count. One is using his 12x36 Craftsman to build the
      Quarter scale Offenhauser engine. He brought his roughed out
      crankshaft to show-n-tell. Another Atlas owner has both a 6x18 and a
      12x36 as I do. A lot of experience concentrated there and I learned
      several things just being the mouse in the corner and listening.

      On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Phil Morris <philnteresa@...> wrote:
      > Well, I wore the Hawiian shirt and hung around all morning. I talked
      > to a bunch of guys but none were from this list. If you made it,
      > sorry I missed you. Not a loss for me. I picked up some taps & dies
      > and misc tooling plus some calipers and a nice Starrett thread
      > gauge. Also had some great pie. I hope the NTMAC meeting went
      > well. I would like to make one sometime.
      > Phil
      > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Morris"
      > <philnteresa@...> wrote:
      >> Hi Guys -
      >> This is a reminder about the meet up this Saturday. There will be
      >> other folks there so to make myself recongizable I put on 50 pounds
      >> and bought a Hawaiian shirt. You should be able to spot me.
      >> Phil

      www.blackcube.org - The Texas State Home for Wayward and Orphaned Computers
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic