48793Re: slightly O/T shipping was Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Need Crank for 12" Atlas/Craftsman Lathe Milling Attachment

  • Charles Gallo
    Dec 1, 2007
      On 12/1/2007 jerdal@... wrote:

      > They ALSO said that boxes can fall 15 feet to a concrete floor, if they come
      > off the conveyors, and that we should plan for that.

      Makes me thing of the day, OH, many years ago, when I was stuck waiting for my flight in Rochester NY - I was watching a baggage handler from the terminal window. He hops up into the belly of this jet (don't remember which kind) and he disappears for a bit. A minute or to later, a HUGE brown box, that barely fit through the cargo do appears in the door - with HUGE labels "FRAGILE" and "THIS END UP" etc - and the guy just pushed it out the door to the tarmac - no belt outside, etc - just let it drop the 4 ft or so...

      That was the day I realized that labels meant nothing - but shock sensors and tip indicators DO, when you pay for service for them NOT to be tripped

      --
      73 de KG2V

      For the Children - RKBA!

      Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's hand grenades I throw...
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic