46352Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: updated tool post / chuck / accuracy adjustments

  • n8as1@aol.com
    Apr 3, 2007
      In a message dated 4/3/2007 11:57:19 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      brett@... writes:

      I got the plain back chuck with a pre-threaded Bison backing plate.
      Cutting the shoulder on the backing plate was simple enough but drilling
      the mounting holes would have been a pain had I not had a rotary table
      to space out the 3 holes in the bolt circle.

      FWIW w/ out a rotary ( i have one but think this might be quicker)...last
      six or so new chucks i fitted had bolt circle dim.on instructions ....measured
      off finished b/plate od & scribed a circle w/ lathe tool...then indexed &
      marked w/ crftsmn h/stock indexer, ...used bull gear teeth & a file bearing
      couple places on bed & h/stock casting for 14 in antique ....made an index bar
      for gear teeth on wards logan ......
      best wishes