    Jan 1, 2007
      >Quick change tool post
      >Posted by: "Gary Rutledge" gary4321@... gary4321cnc
      >Mon Jan 1, 2007 12:22 am (PST)
      >Concerning the quick change tool posts, is there an appreciable
      >difference in quality or function between the piston/wedge types. I
      >notice that the wedge type costs more usually, just don't know if it is
      >worth the extra $ Thanks Gary Rutledge

      I have the Phase II AXA piston tool post and I would recommend the product, but I wish I had bought the wedge model.

      I have seen where the toolholder pivots on the piston. I was getting some chatter and took a closer look and the toolholder was rocking side to side. I suspect that since the wedge is holding across the entire toolholder and not just one central point, that it would reduce or minimize this.

      BTW, get more toolholders. It's not quick change if you have to keep changing the bits in the holder.

      Get the combo boring/turning holders. Only cost about $1 more and can take either round or square tools.

      Steve

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com