44682Re: [atlas_craftsman] Manuals

  • jerdal
    Oct 20, 2006
      > AG wrote:
      > > I own a Clausing 12x36 model 100 (I think). I ordered for it the
      > > manuals from Clausing. I was charged approximately $22 which
      > > included shipping. When the "manual" arrived I was somewhat at a
      > > loss. It consisted of approximately 9 double sided 8 1/2 x 11 pages
      > > of low quality reproduction of what must have been the original
      > > manual. I think they can do better!

      They often do..........

      I asked about a manual for the Atlas 1800 drill press (later rebadged
      Clausing 1800). They simply SENT ME a large PDF file of two or three manual
      versions for teh Clausing. NO charge.

      The manual for a 12" Craftsman, which amounted to an exploded parts list,
      was $5. My shaper manual was $5.

      The $22 sounds wrong, since the $5 manuals are the same setup.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.