41263Re: Craftsman 6" cut off tool

  • Hank
    Jan 1, 2006
      Marc,

      Bernie (last I knew) and I both use a QC toolpost (TSE,
      aluminum) on our 618s and I just did some cutoff work today
      in steel and it worked absolutely fine.

      Seems like some of the ingredients in using the cutoff tool
      successfully are running a slow spindle speed and making
      sure you're a hair below center.

      What material are you turning and are you talking about
      the cutting blade flexing or the tool block itself?

      Hank

      > I have been trying to use my quick change tool holder
      > but there is too much flex in it for that process.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic