37594Re: [atlas_craftsman] Metalcraft Screw Cutting Lathe circa 1933

  • dswr@webtv.net
    Mar 4, 2005
      I have to agree with you, GTO. If Zamak was close to cast iron, I'm sure
      they would have made the bed (not the ways), as well as other large
      parts out of it.

      My knowledge of ZAMAK was derived from reading about it in model
      railroad magazines. Lot's of mid 20th century era model loco parts were
      made of the stuff, and some of it would crumble in the box.

      The name came from the composition of the alloy
      ZincAluminumMAgnesiumKuffer (copper).

      Leo (pearland, tx)
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic