2701[atlas_craftsman] Re: atlas/craftsman 12"

  • epotter
    Mar 1, 2000
      Hi, this is a dumb thing to ask, but am I right in thinking the power feed
      parallel to the bed can only be effected by closing the half-nut, as if
      threading? I would so much like to be told that there is a mechanism to
      engage the groove in the screw, so as not to wear the screw unduly.

      Mine has a few bits missing, there is a shaft with no knob almost directly
      under the compound rest, which I suppose is for engaging the transverse
      power feed? There at present are the large handwheel for manually moving
      the apron along the bed, and the lever at the right for engaging the
      half-nut. The shaft without a knob is in the centre of the apron. There
      is no lever with a black plastic ball in that location, as shown in a
      picture of the lathe.

      thanks david
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic