19593Re: N.S. Tap and Die sources

  • jdmichael2001
    Aug 1 5:14 AM
      Buckshot,

      I had a requirement once for some special tap I didn't find in MSC,
      but I noted their catalog said to call about other items. I called
      them (toll free IIRC) and they gave me a part number and price for
      it. They get from Greenfield or one of the major manufacturers.
      Sometimes it's hard for a single individual to get a small quantity
      item directly from the manufacturer. Sometimes they're great,
      sometimes they tell you to get lost.

      Jan

      --- In atlas_craftsman@y..., "Buckshot" <buckshot@w...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have a good source for National Special Taps and Dies?
      >
      > I need to locate a tap and a die in 5/16" X 20 tpi.
      >
      > Grangers (the only source in town) doesn't show them even in the
      big catalog.

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Buckshot
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic