1202[atlas_craftsman] Re: MT #0 centers for AA 109 lathes

  • vmusil@pacbell.net
    Nov 1, 1999
      "mike spring" <sprin-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/atlas_craftsman/?start=11
      94

      (big snip)

      > I have focused my efforts on building a stand for my lathe and making
      a jack
      > shaft, as my machine is a model 80 and has just the 3 step pulleys on
      motor
      > and spindle. Any one have suggestions on the size pulleys to use?

      Mike-

      I'm not sure there is any magic in these numbers, but the jack shaft
      that
      came with my lathe has a cluster of 4 pulleys: dias 1", 2", 3" and 4".
      The cluster of pulleys is attached to the shaft by a setscrew which can
      be loosened to slide the pulley from side to side. The pulley shich is
      belted to the motor has a dia of 7". (All dias measured to the bottom of
      the V.) Motor appears to have been scavenged from a dryer. Pulley dia is
      0.5", but it is a pulley for a 3/8" belt so the half inch wide belt does
      actually ride at the bottom of the groove.

      Vic
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic