10309Re: [atlas_craftsman] Miller Needed

  • S1
    May 1, 2001
      I know a master machinist (38 years of experience, built racing cars for 20
      years) that had one of those drill/mills for his home shop. He sold his because
      he said even the best ones are rough machines. He said that they are not as
      precise as Bridgport or high end machines and does not recommemd them for
      precise work. They are rough and cheap. Unfortunately, you get what you pay
      for with machine tools. I've been saving for a Prazi BF 400 bench mill and
      finally ordered it yesterday. It is the Brigdeport of benchtop machinery, and
      the only equivalent machine would be a Rusnok. Most chinese machines, like the
      Grizzly, Drill/mills and Smithy type multitools will be rough by comparison to
      the more famous makes like South Bend or Bridgeport. They won't be as durable
      and they won't have the accuracy.