Re: Fishing Skill

  • mshariy
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2012
      So perhaps in the sea there are friendly mermen who sell food for the silver, what is the big deal?

      There is already way too much micromanagement in Atlantis, I could not stay spending hours per turn doing routine stuff like distributing money/goods between hexes.
      And training fishermen to provide food support on the water? Effectively it just reduces boats capacity and adds a bit of headache.

      Cheers,
      Max

      --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, "Gabi Broetzmann" <gczerniak@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > In our game, fishing is used very often. I would go so far to say, that
      > nobody can eat silver. to use silver in land regions is easy to explain,
      > the unit can buy food from peasants.
      > But who will sell you food on the ocean?
      > In this case, fishing would be very important to survive.
      > My suggestion: keep fishing and don't allow units to eat silver on
      > the ocean.
      > Best Reagards: Gabi

    • Stephen Baillie
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2012

        I'd be interested in seeing a game where most hexes had a food market and silver couldn't be used directly for maintenance.

        That goal was actually why I put in the minimum food requirements, and the create food spell.  I'm concerned that it'd need a bunch more balancing to make it workable (and would certainly shift the balance of power toward trade factions, which could be good as they tend to be less powerful at the moment than the other types).  Maybe when this test game is finished I'll run something more experimental.

        It'd probably also need silver production to be toned down, since it wouldn't be needed as much for maintenance any more.

        Steve.