Re: AI Pseudo-code

  • stabliser
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2012
      --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, "aqwinsor" <aqwinsor@...> wrote:
      > --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, "stabliser" <stabliser@> wrote:
      > > From the look of it this will run once for all AI factions each turn. Does that mean all the AI factions will share intelligence ?
      > >
      > This is intended to run using a .ini file and the faction report, it only looks at one faction at a time. Theoretically, you could have it run your faction while you were o vacation, but you might find yourself in a war when you get back.

      Have you looked at AAAcontroller (Python) by fuzzyman - its in the files section. I cant remember what all its features were, but it was used by players on their own reports.

      > Oh, I see what you mean. I'm trying to do this without any changes to the code, something a gm could use without having to make any changes.

      Another reason why atlantis would benefit from having the game data out of the code. (I'm willing to help someone who knows how to do this but I don't know where to start)

      > I thought about trying to keep track of all this stuff in comments in the orders, but one slipup and the AI would get real stupid.

      If this is to be a player aid then it makes sense to use the order template as the player will be able to add/remove AI data in their client. But if its a fully autonomous bot then some other format might be useful. AAAcontroller kept a master map in atlantis report format IIRC, not sure if/where it stored intel, it was long ago.

      Pete