Just a couple of little experiments....

  • aqwinsor
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2012
      Might be a bit too expensive (terms of cost, time, and weight)

      create magic anvil [MANV] 1: A mage with this skill has a 20 percent
      times their level chance to create a magic anvil [MANV] via magic at
      a cost of 20 iron [IRON] and 200 silver [SILV]. To use this spell,
      the mage should CAST Create_Magic_Anvil. This skill requires
      artifact lore [ARTI] 3, enchant swords [ESWO] 3 and fire [FIRE] 1 to
      begin to study. This skill costs 100 silver per month of study.

      magic anvil [MANV], weight 500. This item allows its possessor to CAST
      the enchant swords spell as if their skill in enchant swords was the
      highest of their pattern, force and spirit skills, up to a maximum
      of level 3. This item may only be used by a mage or an acolyte.

      This is right in line though:

      enchant shields [ESHD] 1: A mage with this skill may create 5 times
      their level in mithril shields [MSHD] via magic at a cost of iron
      shield [ISHD]. To use this spell, the mage should CAST
      Enchant_Shields. This skill requires artifact lore [ARTI] 1 to begin
      to study. This skill costs 100 silver per month of study.
    • Stephen Baillie
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2012

        Might be a bit too expensive (terms of cost, time, and weight)

        create magic anvil [MANV] 1: A mage with this skill has a 20 percent
        times their level chance to create a magic anvil [MANV] via magic at
        a cost of 20 iron [IRON] and 200 silver [SILV]. To use this spell,
        the mage should CAST Create_Magic_Anvil. This skill requires
        artifact lore [ARTI] 3, enchant swords [ESWO] 3 and fire [FIRE] 1 to
        begin to study. This skill costs 100 silver per month of study.

        magic anvil [MANV], weight 500. This item allows its possessor to CAST
        the enchant swords spell as if their skill in enchant swords was the
        highest of their pattern, force and spirit skills, up to a maximum
        of level 3. This item may only be used by a mage or an acolyte.

        The main problem with that is that currently an item can only grant one skill, and this would have to grant 3.  The data structures could be expanded to allow more, but I'm not sure I'd want acolytes/apprentices to have this ability anyway.

        This is right in line though:

        enchant shields [ESHD] 1: A mage with this skill may create 5 times
        their level in mithril shields [MSHD] via magic at a cost of iron
        shield [ISHD]. To use this spell, the mage should CAST
        Enchant_Shields. This skill requires artifact lore [ARTI] 1 to begin
        to study. This skill costs 100 silver per month of study.

        Indeed it is.  I should have created something along those lines when I enabled shields.  Maybe I'll do that when I get some time :-/

        Steve.

      • aqwinsor
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2012
          --- In atlantisdev@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Baillie <stephen.baillie@...> wrote:

          > > Might be a bit too expensive (terms of cost, time, and weight)
          > >
          > > create magic anvil [MANV] 1: A mage with this skill has a 20 percent
          > > times their level chance to create a magic anvil [MANV] via magic at
          > > a cost of 20 iron [IRON] and 200 silver [SILV]. To use this spell,
          > > the mage should CAST Create_Magic_Anvil. This skill requires
          > > artifact lore [ARTI] 3, enchant swords [ESWO] 3 and fire [FIRE] 1 to
          > > begin to study. This skill costs 100 silver per month of study.
          > >
          > > magic anvil [MANV], weight 500. This item allows its possessor to CAST
          > > the enchant swords spell as if their skill in enchant swords was the
          > > highest of their pattern, force and spirit skills, up to a maximum
          > > of level 3. This item may only be used by a mage or an acolyte.
          > >
          > The main problem with that is that currently an item can only grant one
          > skill, and this would have to grant 3. The data structures could be
          > expanded to allow more, but I'm not sure I'd want acolytes/apprentices to
          > have this ability anyway.

          I was thinking one item per spell.

          Magic anvil for the ESWO
          then a magic forge for EARM
          etc.

          I made the weight 500 to more effectively immobilize the acolyte.

          Perhaps make the max level 1 (or 2 like the cornucopia)

          > > This is right in line though:
          > >
          > > enchant shields [ESHD] 1: A mage with this skill may create 5 times
          > > their level in mithril shields [MSHD] via magic at a cost of iron
          > > shield [ISHD]. To use this spell, the mage should CAST
          > > Enchant_Shields. This skill requires artifact lore [ARTI] 1 to begin
          > > to study. This skill costs 100 silver per month of study.
          > >
          > Indeed it is. I should have created something along those lines when I
          > enabled shields. Maybe I'll do that when I get some time :-/

          In your copious free time?